Trust & Safety – General
- Trust and Safety at eLearningMarkets.com
Every day, thousands of minutes of life-changing content are consumed on eLearningMarkets.com. This is made possible by instructors who are passionate about teaching and students who are dedicated to learning. eLearningMarkets.com is founded on core values centered around this exchange of knowledge. We are committed to empowering highly knowledgeable everyday experts to provide an amazing learning experience for a global community of students.
It is up to all of us here at eLearningMarkets.com to live these values: instructors, students, and the eLearningMarkets.com team. When we live these values, we continue to create a thriving, sustainable marketplace where anyone can truly learn anything online — and have a great time doing it.
Who Forms our Community?
Students – Our students come to eLearningMarkets.com to have an engaging learning experience where they have access to a huge variety of topics from experts who practice these skills on a daily basis.
Instructors – Our instructors are an inspiring bunch who love to teach. They come to eLearningMarkets.com because of the opportunity to impact millions of students across the world, and for access to the tools, platform, and coaching that enables them to create high-quality courses.
What are the Ground-Rules?
1) Don’t spam
Students come to eLearningMarkets.com to have a safe and engaging learning experience and instructors teach for the love of sharing knowledge. Instructors: Once you’re on the eLearningMarkets.com platform, don’t try to sell other products or spam each other with requests and offers.
2) Don’t game the system
- For instructors: Don’t direct eLearningMarkets.com students away from the eLearningMarkets.com platform, push the envelope on what is and is not allowed, or search for loopholes in policies. We want our community of students to grow, as does every other instructor. When you game the system, the whole community loses out on having a common pool of engaged students who want to learn.
- For students: Don’t harass instructors, ask for free coupons, or offer reviews in exchange for things. The community relies on a healthy interaction between students and instructors, as well as honest student feedback to understand which courses are right for them.
3) Keep it professional
Our instructors actively collaborate and communicate with each other, and students and instructors have healthy and vibrant discussions through the course-taking experience. We ask that, in connection with those relationships, you are respectful, honest, and considerate with students, instructors, and eLearningMarkets.com staff. Be a positive member of the eLearningMarkets.com community. Never ask for personal information, or post unoriginal content as your own.
4) If you see something, say something
If anything you see or experience ever seems like a violation, or you are unsure about a policy, just let us know by emailing email@example.com. Someone on our team will review every report, answer your questions, and determine whether there has been a violation of our policies.
We’re here to help you understand our policies and be successful on eLearningMarkets.com.
- Trust & Safety FAQ
Why are there rules in the first place?
eLearningMarkets.com is committed to ensuring that students have a safe and engaging learning environment, and instructors are set up for success. Our rules exist to ensure we protect student’s learning experience and enable positive, healthy interactions between instructors and students.
How will I be notified of a strike?
You’ll receive an email from eLearningMarkets@gmail.com about the strike, the reason why you received it, and the consequences. We’ll be thoughtful and fair about how we determine if there’s a policy violation as well as how we apply consequences. We encourage you to provide context and ask questions. We’re here to help, you’ll have the opportunity to speak with someone on our team.
You’ll also see that your feature has been disabled when you attempt to use it, and see a notification that says your access to the feature has been temporarily suspended on some or all of your courses due to a policy violation.
What happens if my co-instructor has a strike?
If your co-instructor has a strike, then all the courses that your co-instructor teaches will be affected. Only the courses you share with the co-instructor will be affected.
What if my co-instructor has a strike and I remove him/her as an instructor from my course?
If you remove your co-instructor who has a strike, and you don’t have a strike, then your course will revert back to having all your features enabled.
How long are the strikes valid?
We’ll re-evaluate the strikes on your account on a six-month rolling basis.
How are you monitoring and catching bad behavior?
We hear from our students and instructors who write to eLearningMarkets@gmail.com or flag abuse on the site in various places. We also proactively monitor on-site behavior and reach out to students and instructors when we identify policy violations.
Does every instructor get Strike 0 to 4 or does it depend on the nature of the violation?
In most cases, instructors will see a linear escalation where they’ll get a warning, and then three strikes. If there are more than three strikes we’ll ban access to eLearningMarkets.com and un-list the courses from the marketplace. However, we reserve the right to escalate the consequences if the violations are severe.
- Student Content and Behavior Rules
As a student, you are responsible for all activity on the platform. This includes the content that you post or otherwise create on our platform, such as reviews, questions, posts, messages, and any other content you share.
- post or provide any content or information that is inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, racially or ethnically objectionable, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner;
- post or provide any content or information that harms minors in any way;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- impersonate another person, gain unauthorized access to another person’s account, or otherwise deceive or mislead others about the origin of the content or information;
- frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services; or
- abuse eLearningMarkets.com resources, including support services.
If you’re accessing our Services as a student located in India, then these terms also include, and you agree to comply with, the provisions of Rule 3(2) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- Escalation Process for Policy Violations
Our students and instructors are typically good, responsible members of the community. We understand that everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes, you just don’t know what the rules are.
If an instructor does have a policy violation, they will first receive a simple warning. We will also provide resources to help better understand our policies and be successful on eLearningMarkets.com.
If we see further violations of any of our policies, there will be more severe consequences in the form of “strikes.” The escalation process is as follows:
- Warning → An email from Trust & Safety about the violation and our policies
- Strike 1 → Suspension of announcement and direct messaging privileges for a month
- Strike 2 → Courses blocked from active promotions for a month + suspension of announcement and direct messaging privileges for a month
- Strike 3 → Courses blocked from new enrollments for a month + suspension of announcement and direct messaging privileges for a month
- Ban → Account and course materials are permanently banned from the platform
These strikes apply at a course level. All instructors and co-instructors associated with the course or courses in violation will see their features disabled for that course.
Please note that we reserve the right to escalate strikes based on the severity of the violation as well as past instructor behavior. Strikes are re-evaluated on a six-month rolling basis, but those with an ongoing history of policy violations will ultimately face removal from the eLearningMarkets.com platform.
We encourage instructors to be proactive about understanding and following eLearningMarkets.com policies. We recommend everyone look through our Terms and the Trust & Safety articles to start off on the right foot.
If you ever have questions about our policies, please let us know at eLearningMarkets@gmail.com.